Pages

Friday 29 July 2011

I'm gonna be (500 miles)



It’s a little over 530 miles (to drive) between where I’m living and A. is living. I’m so grateful for modern communications for bridging daily the distance between us. But it would be remiss of me to chalk this layout up to the distance between us, no matter how well it fits the Proclaimers song, for there is another reason why this song makes me think of A.
The tv show ‘How I Met Your Mother’ has long been a favourite of ours, and of course ‘I’m Gonna Be’ was the song that was stuck in the tape player of the fiero. In one particularly road trip episode A. was laughing so hard and the ‘it’ll come round again’ that we had to rewind two or three minutes of the show because he missed it with the laughter.
I’ve never seen him laugh so hard at anything, it was totally unexpected (and really the joke wasn’t that funny but it just fitted in with pieces of his life right then), and I had to document the moment where A. normally so stoic and proper was lost to sheer elation.

Cardstock: American Crafts
Other: thickers (American Crafts Foam White Latte), round brads (American Crafts), heart brad (unbranded but I wish I could get some more), uniball signo white broad gel pen, glossy accents (Ranger).

0 comments:

Post a Comment