Pages

Saturday 31 January 2015

not the smoothest piece of shading

Day 4 of Online Card Classes Clean & Simple 4 was all about different ways of adding texture to your clean and simple cards. Yana shared a very pretty card using faux embossing using die cuts of the same colour as the background.

I've been thinking of variants on this card for a while so it seemed perfect to add the texture and share today.


My colouring isn't very smooth particularly between the the green and yellow, and I felt I could do this much better with the bullet nibs of promarkers, but the fine detail of the shape was difficult to work with too much as it is quite fragile, I'll have another go when I have more time.



1 comments:

  1. It turned out really beautiful, though! Maybe it would have been easier to use the chisel tips to shade the whole sheet of paper and then die-cut it?

    ReplyDelete