Pages

Friday 25 April 2008

uks cybercrop pre crop challenge

 More pictures can be found here.
Over on UKScrappers it’s the madness which is the cybercrop. Although I have enjoyed these vicariously previously this time I am taking part. I decided not to buy the kit so had the following ‘ingredients’...
 3 sheets of 12x12 patterned paper
2 sheets of 12x12 cardstock
2 lengths of 12" ribbon
10 Brads or eyelets 
1 sheet of A4 chipboard
1 sheet of acetate
Either - 6" ring wire for BIA OR 3 bookrings
1 blossom and 6 other flowers (blossom = large flower, flower = small/med flower)
Scissors
Craft knife
Stamps
QK/Robo/Die cutting tools
Sewing Machine
Glue
Photos
And other TOOLS

 Musical Melodies
~ Create a Musical themed layout/project ~
Musical / Dance Films are cinematic forms that emphasize and showcase full-scale song and dance routines in a significant way (usually with a musical or dance performance as part of the film narrative, or as an unrealistic "eruption" within the film). Or they are films that are centered on combinations of music, dance, song or choreography. 
I’ve made a minibook, which ‘features’ the lyrics to the Mark Knopfler song “Whoop De Doo’ al the way through and has pictures of my hometown, my backlot as it were.
I’ve used Basic Grey Two Scoops papers, in ‘Watermelon Ice’, Dreamsicle and Creme Brulee, white pearl card from the Papermill, Bazzill Bling in Pink Cadilac, American Crafts mini brads in Blush and Shamrock, Prima Hydrangeas in Pink/Cream. I also used American Crafts ribbon, from the Tie Rack and Downtown ranges.
I also used a white and black pen, a sheet of acetate (actually recycled packaging),  a sheet of chipboard (again recycled), white thread, black Staz-On ink, my ‘Whoop dee do’stamp from Hampton Art and my mini Karen Foster snap stamps.
I used the Cuttlebug paisley die, one of the Quickutz hearts dies and a Fiskars small circle hand punch.
The sewn swirls on the acetate were hand ‘drawn’ and there was a lot of hand cutting to make the most of the papers.
I’m not usually a minibook person but this was a great use of some photos which have not inspired me to scrap, and I quite like the look of a page entirely made up of a photo.









0 comments:

Post a Comment