Pages

Monday 28 January 2008

dcwv card challenge

 On UKS the weekly challenged looked doomed and I mentioned what a sucker I am for just a few brands. I confess I don’t really look at other brands much when I am shopping on the net and just look out for my few favorites. One of the brands I said I have loads of is DCWV (more than 12” of papers and card) and that is the brand that came up this week, probably because of my bragging.
All of todays cards were made with a value pack of DCWV papers (over 400 8” sheets) which I got as a OTO on QVC ages ago. I also used the matching Brights and Neutrals card stacks.
So with the challenge firmly met I had to do something. So first up, DCWV papers and card with Turquoise and Diamond stickles and a touch of Anita’s sticky ribbon. The word ‘thanks’ is cut from the Quickutz ‘Bright’ alphabet (I love this), and a Clearlitz star.
 Next up, DCWV papers and card once again, along with a DCWV value sticker. I used Diamond stickles, American Crafts ribbon and a stamp from Missy B Designs (available at First Class Crafts), I also added some goggle eyes :-). The frog was coloured using Whispers  pens and a Whispers blender pen. I used that Clearlitz star once again.
Next, a paisley sheet lovingly glittered with Turquoise and Diamond stickles, finished with a scolloped square cut out of Vanilla Bazzill and white card. The flowers are Prima out of the ‘Got Milk’ crate with the centres Papermania adhesive gems. The ‘Happy Birthday’ sticker is DCWV value pack. I used my new Nestabilites and although it doesn’t look like it on the photo the plain edge square is embossed.

Finally, another use of that Clearlitz star! DCWV papers and card with a DCWV value sticker for the message along with Diamond stickles and American Crafts ribbon. I also used my new Nestabilites once again (here you can see the embossed detail).
I’m definitely in a star phase, I’m using this Clearlitz die all of the time and I love these Nestabilities.... hmmm this could be expensive.

0 comments:

Post a Comment