Pages

Friday 15 May 2015

may 2015 craft haul - version 1.0

I'm normally quite taciturn, so please forgive this expansive post.

I've been crafting my whole life, paper crafting for well over 13 years, and so I've collected a lot of stuff. At first I bought stuff if I saw it because it was difficult to get anything, then when internet shopping took off I got a little more discerning but stuff I liked was easier to get a hold of. Now apart from (Lawn Fawn) stamps and some dies I buy very little.

I have a room full of stuff I've bought over the years, a lot was on sale, 'a bargain' or was even from places that were closing down... and I have to say I'm overwhelmed.

On the other hand I'd hate to get rid of any of it, I gift to friends who are exploring the world of crafting, but to give expensive papers to a school or nursery just seems a waste. Instead as well as my scrapping and cards for me to send I make a lot of cards for a charity.

When I say a lot, I mean between 300 - 400 cards a year! They go to a hospice that means a lot to me and my family.

I try to give a variety of styles, of sentiments, and 'feel', which means I often craft with stuff I bought years ago which no longer feels me....

To that end I offer my take on a 'haul' video. I know shopping your stash has been around before, but I am going to give it a go for me.


And so here is (late) May's haul. The rules I'm going to play by are some patterned papers, a stamp set, a couple of dies, some twine or floss, ribbon, and a few embellishments. Some things are essentially brand new, others much (much) older.

I'm mixing in things I use all the time to try to keep my creativity flowing, I can add to it with whatever I like, but the plan is to use all of the papers by month end. Plain card should come from the scraps box.

This month's haul contains:
6 full sheets and assorted partial sheets of American Crafts Soho Garden 6x6 pad
a scrap of American Crafts Amy Tangerine Scrapbook paper
Lawn Fawn Flirty Frames stamps & dies
Spellbinders 'Thinking of You' die
Quickutz cookie cutters 'get' & 'well' dies
Red plastic vellum flowers
Prima 'Got Prints' flowers
Green narrow ribbon
Red American Crafts Glitter tape
Yellow embroidery floss
Doodlebug design sequins in ladybug and bumblebee

The first card... I added the Lawn Fawn stitched scalloped boarder and year three stamp set, after a long post, I'm back to my quite self :)





0 comments:

Post a Comment